Sunday, July 19, 2009

Knickernappies One Size Diaper Review

Here's Ladybug in her Knickernappies One Size Side Snapping Pocket Diaper in Brown...

As you can see it passes the all important *cute test* :-).

On to the part that really matters, here's what I like about this diaper:
  • the color...one of the few offered in dark brown
  • the snaps, our bumGenius dipes are velcro, and although they are more convenient during changes, I know they probably won't hold up for the years we will need these dipes
  • it does not leak...always a plus! It comes with 2 inserts and I am only using one and we're fine (Ladybug is 13 weeks old).
  • the inside is really soft.
  • the insert is easier to yank out before throwing it into the dirty diaper pail (compared to our BG inserts)
What isn't all that great (although it's not that bad either)...
  • the position of the snaps (opposite of how you put on most diapers), makes it a bit odd at first. I am getting used to it, but think it would be really hard with a squirmy baby (she is not squirmy).
  • the insert is harder to get in than the bumGenius, but not a big problem.

Will I be buying more?


Maybe. But only for the color choice of brown. I am going to try out one more brown dipe (Monkey Doodlez), but it's a sized dipe so I am not sure I can justify buying a bunch of them. If I didn't already own 18 bumGenius dipes, I would definitely have a few more Knickernappies in my stash.

Our grand total of cloth diapers is now at 21, with a goal stopping point of 36. I will say 21 is enough though, I just want to have more to reduce wear and tear on them. I think I will still probably do laundry the way I am now which is every other or every 3 days. That's about all our line will hold, as I am hang drying now too!!!


Remember if you decide to order from Squishy Tushy, we both get credit! Be sure to mention my name! I continue to love ordering from Teresa!

Reviews coming up: bumGenius AIO Organic Snap, Fuzzibunz One Size Pocket, Monkey Doodlez-Micro Doodlez AIO.

1 comment:

Jolene (South Africa) said...

OH how cute!!! They look so comfy too