Friday, April 3, 2009

GMO...

I began researching GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) the other day and this has caught my attention BIG time.

Here are some websites I am reading right now...

What am I doing about it NOW...

  • I downloaded the Non-GMO Shopping Guide from Institute for Responsible Technology
  • I downloaded the Shopping Guide from The True Food Network
  • I am reading through them and highlighting our key products

What I HOPE to do in the future...

  • Educate myself about ingredient labels and learn to notice GM ingredients without the list :).
  • Remove as many as possible without going overboard (and making my husband crazy)
  • Focus mostly on my breastfeeding health and my baby girl, as these ingredients are one of the biggest culprits to the issues I am most concerned about.

1 comment:

{lauren} said...

As I am still in college, I recently attended an environmental awareness forum that talked about GMOs and pesticide use in foods and farming. They showed a neat documentary called "Fed Up! The Truth about GMO Foods" (I think that's the right title...the Fed Up part is right I know). It did kind of scare me though...and it definitely lit a fie under me to stop just thinking and planning on changing our habits, and DOING IT!