Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oh my,

...what am I getting myself into? This is awaiting my trial... I ordered a cloth diaper, I cannot believe it! AND I have a stack of cloth wipes and homemade wipe solution there too--what is up with me? I really meant it when I said we weren't the cloth diapering type!

After reading Laura's post on Totally Tots, I became convinced enough to at least research a bit more than I had. In just a small amount of time I figured out how much money we can save doing it this way...not to mention how much better it is for Ladybug. I also did not realize how much easier it is than I thought, especially with this All in One ONE size fits all diaper! Ladybug and Krash can actually share diapers (but K better be out soon!!!) I am not entirely convinced we will do this (I have only purchased 1!), but I am going to try!

I can't test run it yet, because our new washer and dryer are being delivered on Monday-our old ones finally died-both of them within days of each other!!! So, on Monday, after I catch up the regular laundry, and prep wash the diaper, I will try!!! Stay tuned to read all about my cloth diapering adventure!

11 comments:

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

Good for you for giving it a try. I promise it's not as hard as one thinks. I'm sure you've got plenty of resources but if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. I used to sell cloth diapers and have tried MANY MANY MANY different kids. If I haven't tried I probably know someone who has. :)

I just wrote about hybrids on my blog if you're interested. And I plan to write more stuff later about specific cloth diapering issues etc...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Carissa Blanchard said...

Good Job! I think you'll love it!! Happy Diapering!

Pamela said...

My best friend uses cloth diapers...bum genius and she loves them! She has convinced me to use them if we have another one. Her little never has diaper rash unless she happens to use a disposable. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Way to go mommy ;) You can do it! I was a skeptic myself it took my sister and sister in-law to convince me. I don't use AIO though. My sister made me cotton/pul covers with snaps, and I put a chinese prefold inside with a shammy. They are easy to use and oh so cute. Here is my sisters blog: http://seamssewneat.blogspot.com/
It has pictures on the right of the kind I use just in case your curious.

{lauren} said...

My husband was more skeptical than I was about trying cloth, but he is convinced now too! I hate that I waited until my son was 7 months old to try them...but now we're one month in using strictly cloth (with the very occasional exception) and LOVING it! We use the bumGenius too...and I personally think they are awesome. Good for you for giving it a try!

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

Awesome! Be forewarned ... it can turn into somewhat of an addiction!

Chic Mama said...

Yeah!! I am so glad to hear that you are going to give it a try! I NEVER thought I would cloth diaper, then I visited realdiaperassociation.org and read all the health concerns and got completely freaked! It was definitely enough to make me decide to at least try cloth (R-Man was then 6 months old). Now, I would never look back and am so excited to cloth diaper this next babe from day one! I would love to have you join my cloth diapering meme as it gets rolling and share your experiences! Make sure to ask too, if you need any tips!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

good luck and hey atleast you are giving it a shot!

we did prefolds, snappis and a pullon cover and it was easy and besides the extra load or 2 of laundry not a whole lot different!

Wilson Ramblings said...

Go for it! I said the same thing, but it's been so easy and a great change for Nathan's little bum! If you need any tips or suggestions, you have a wealth of people around you who can help! diaperswappers.com
is a bit tough to navigate, but with a little practice, you'll be a pro in no time and you can get some fabulous deals on there!!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Dianna (addiction indeed!)We are a modern, on the go 24/7 family...we have used the BG 3.0 with our second DD and LOVE it!! So easy and quick...I NEVER thought I would use them on the go.. I just thought...we'll try it at home! Note: in 10 mo I have used only 3 boxes of disposable diapers :P
Happy Diapering!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes...I have also been looking into cloth diapering my 2 year old and soon to be newborn after reading the post on Totally Tots.