Sunday, May 17, 2009

How would I live without it?

She's in!!!!!! I am so thrilled that I was able to get Ladybug in my ERGO Baby Carrier! It is not made for newborns (unless you have the newborn insert), but at 1 month old I decided to try and see if I could get her all bundled up in there and it worked!

I LOVE this carrier!!!! I got it when Krash was about 6 months old and he can still ride in it today! Now I get to enjoy it for many years with Ladybug too. It is the most comfortable, versatile and wonderful carrier. I also own a BabyBjörn and a Hotsling. The Hotsling is great too, but not as comfy for me. I do not really like my Bjorn anymore after switching to the Ergo. If you are not familiar with the Ergo, I highly recommend going to their website (link above) and reading about the many wonderful features.

Any readers want to share about your favorite baby slings or carriers?

6 comments:

Chawksgirl4ever said...

we have the ergo also but we have the infant insert and we love it too!

Unknown said...

You look AMAZING!!!!!!!

I just got caught up on here and wow! Lili is PRECIOUS and oh so yummy!

I'm thrilled you shared the link for the blankets. I'm going to get some as gifts!

We use Babyhawk.com carriers from infant to 35 pounds and I love it!

The only carrier that does NOT hurt my back and shoulders.

Love you!
Jill

Laura said...

We got the Ergo Carrier when *Smiley* was 6 months as well. I really like it too. I also get back problems with other carriers once the baby gets heavier. Can't wait to us it again for this one :) I am currently looking into slings as well. I have a peanut shell, but couldn't use it very long last time. I heard good things about the moby, hotsling, and baby hawk. Especially now that Jill mentioned that the baby hawk doesn't give her a backache, I may look into that one.

Chic Mama said...

Yeah for babywearing!! I have heard great things about Ergo, but never tried one myself. I love to use a Zolowear ringsling when my babe is little and then transition to a Mei Tai (such as Baby Hawk) as they get older! This time around I am also going to try a Sleepy Wrap (and I will be giving one away on my blog this summer!). They have a great article on their site that I think you would find really interesting- http://www.sleepywrap.com/index.php?page=stroller-baby-carrier. Also, if you have time, you should check out the babywearing meme I am starting on my blog this summer: http://mamakenzstudio.blogspot.com/2009/05/introducing-babywearing-meme.html

One Pretty Girl and Her Mama said...

The ergo and the beco are awesome! I don't actually have either one of these, but I've tried them and love them. Wraps are also fabulous. I've always just made my own wraps otherwise they can get spendy!

Valerie McClintick said...

Oh, I love the ergo! We have the maroon one, I can't believe you got her in there at 5 weeks, amazing, she must be a strong little girl!