From Skin Deep: Recommended Products from Popular Brands
From SafeMama: 2009 Safer Sunscreen Guide
From NatureMoms Blog: Safe Suncreen for the Family
From Healthy Child: Are Sunscreens Safe?
From Anti-Aging: Just When You Thought Sunscreen was Safe...
All suncreens should be free of:
- propylene glycol
- synthetic fragrances
- NO sprays (which makes me REALLY sad), as sunscreen shouldn't be inhaled by kiddos at all
- Zinc Oxide
- Titanium Dioxide
What I am considering right now:
- California Baby (Amazon, Drugstore.com)
- TruKid (Amazon, Drugstore.com)
- Badger (Amazon, Drugstore.com) (Here's the review from Safer Mama)
- I am pretty sure Badger will be our choice, but I haven't purchased any yet, so would love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
- Banana Boat Baby, Tear Free, SPF 50
- Banana Boat Ultra Defense, Broad Spectrum, SPF 15
- Banana Boat Ultra Defense, Spray, SPF 30
- Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch SPF 30
- Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist, Spray, SPF 45
- Coppertone Water Babies Face Stick SPF 30
- Ocean Potion Sprays (Walmart's Brand I think); not on Skin Deep but they contain oxybenzone
Update: We also used Aveeno Baby last summer, and it is thought to be safe by the general public (me included until now) I was proven VERY wrong, here is info about Aveeno Baby, it is actually one of the worst, ranking at a 7 on Skin Deep...OUCH!!