Sunday, September 27, 2009

Swamp Juice

We continue to juice almost daily around here and the boys remind me if I forget ;). The other day our final smoothie was rather green, so we named it Swamp Juice. The boys devoured it like it was filled with chocolate, sugar and everything yummy for a child.

Look how happy they are...


Getting every last drop...
Funny thing is, our Swamp Juice was filled with items most kids would barf at. Even mine would if the items were presented separately! But together, they make a truly delightful Swamp Juice.
We make our juice and smoothies differently every day and always enjoy seeing what we come up with. This was by far one of the favored concoctions. Here's a snapshot of a few of the healthy items that were added this day...

Leftover Odwalla juice, Wheat Grass Powder, flax oil, organic spinach (yup we throw it right in the blender now), Flaxseed Meal. The smoothie also had 2 bananas, an avocado, frozen raspberries, and our fresh juice. I believe the juice was: carrots, celery, cucumber, apple, purple grapes, cabbage, and maybe something I am forgetting-who knows?

We love juicing, it has become such a fun part of our life! I must admit, I wish I had a juicer-cleaning-fairy though.

1 comment:

Mama Jenn said...

My kiddos LOVE juicing as well!!! It is amazing the things that I can get them to eat...if it is juiced that is! :-)