Saturday, April 25, 2009

Organic products at Shoprite!

I haven't been grocery shopping for months, my hubby picked up that duty full-time when I began hurting so badly during my pregnancy. I finally made it to Shoprite today (he was actually with me too), and I was pleasantly surprised to find a few new items in Shoprite's store brand that were ORGANIC!!!! In my effort to avoid GM ingredients, I was hoping to find some replacements for items that I KNOW contain GM ingredients. I was thrilled to find an organic Sesame Ginger salad dressing today!

After coming home, I searched and found this page, listing all organic products carried at Shoprite. Trader Joe's and Whole Foods are great, but not at all convenient for weekly grocery shopping (theya re too far away from where we live), I am SO thrilled that Shoprite is jumping on board!

Currently we are able to get the following items organic AND reasonably priced from SR: milk, apples, celery, carrots, salad dressing, and yogurt. I will have to research prices on items from the rest of that list I linked to. Hopefully many of those things are nicely priced...we'll see!

No comments: